|The CRYPT Mag|
Ingredients:- Makes about 12 pancakes
8oz. Unbleached White Flour
1oz. Soya Flour
1oz. Caster Sugar
4 fl. oz. Soya Milk
10 fl. oz. Water
* Sift the flours and sugar together.
* Mix the soya milk and water together, and add to the dry ingredients a little at a time, until you have a smooth batter with a pouring consistency.
* Put a little oil in the pan and heat until very hot.
* Using a ladle, drop the equivalent of about three tablespoons of the batter into the pan and immediately tilt it to ensure an even spread.
* Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then cross your fingers and toss the pancake. Failing this, flip it over with a spatula.
* Cook the other side for a similar length of time - a good test of readiness is when it slides around the pan and is speckled with brown spots.
* Make the first pancake a sacrificial one to season the pan ie throw it away!
|© RIYAN Productions|