• Discussing with the bride on which mother of the bride dress colors are appropriate for the wedding.
• Mother of the bride can choose her color or colors then. She can choose a mother of the bride dress by going to the department stores or bridal shops that carry mother of the bride dresses and gowns or she can even go with a nice, embellished suit.
• The mother of the bride can also let her "fingers do the shopping". There are tons of great ideas for a mother of the bride dress online. Do a search for "mother of the bride gowns" or "mother of the bride dresses". Websites usually offer the latest designs for reasonable prices.
• Mother of the bride will choose a color that complements the wedding color/colors. If this a difficult thing to do, the basic colors of silver, black, navy, beige, or champagne are acceptable colors to wear. Ivory is acceptable too--it is no longer taboo at weddings (or even black--"black and white" weddings!), if the bride agrees to it.
• Mother of the bride can then decide on the length of the dress. Will she be happier with a long, floor-length gown, or will she look better in a more semi-formal, tea-length or even knee-length style?
• Confer with the mother of the groom on all mother of the bride dress or gown choices. They will both want to coordinate their choice of outfits.
• Shop for a dress at LEAST two to four months in advance of the wedding date. This will allow ample time for dress exchanges, alterations, and the purchase of shoes and accessories. This will limit some of the stress when the mother of the bride plans early.
• The mother of the bride will assist the bride with the selection of her wedding dress and accessories. Also, choosing of the bridesmaids, maid of honor and the color theme of the wedding, wedding song, etc.
• The mother of the bride helps the bride and the groom in gathering the names of wedding guests and narrowing down the guest list.
• The mother of the bride aids in selecting the wedding invitations and the writing out the invitation copy.
• The mother of the bride is the assistant or is solely responsible for the other wedding details like photography/videography, wedding cake, bridal accessories, bridal shower arrangements, wedding bouquet and flowers, food catering, wedding favors, pastor/minister/church, banquet room, reception, lodging for out-of-town guests, etc.
• The mother of the bride leaves the wedding ceremony area after the bride and groom and before the guests.
• The mother of the bride greet guests as they file into the reception room, or at signing of the wedding register.
• The mother of the bride dances with the father of the bride or if unavailable, the escort, and then with the groom during the first formal dance.
• The mother of the bride ensures that all the guests are happy and having a great time and most importantly, that she, the bride, and groom, are having fun as well despite all the stress and the "hoopla".
|© RIYAN Productions|